Warrior cats lovers
Warrior cats lovers
Warrior cats lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a place to RP warrior cats and have fun. You can meet new people and make new friends.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCL! We hope you have fun here!
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, PM blossom or FireDaisy, the Administrators of WCL!
If you feel like you want to be a Mod or Admin, PM Blossom or Daisy and they will discuss it. Do not be salty if you are denied.

How To Up Your RP Skills

Go down 
AuthorMessage
-Jade-
Admin
-Jade-

How To Up Your RP Skills Empty
PostSubject: How To Up Your RP Skills   How To Up Your RP Skills EmptyTue May 08, 2018 9:21 am

So you want to become a better RPer, do you?
Do you want to be great?
Well, you'll have to listen to me to do it.
It's not as hard as you think.

Step 1; Grammar
Grammar. The downfall of many teens out there. End every sentence with some kind of punctuation; a . for normal sentences, a ! for yelling or exclamations, and a ? for questions. Make sure you use commas where needed and please, PLEASE, spell correctly. Use a spellchecker. For many grammar-related issues, I suggest Grammarly. Use capital letters, too. RiverClan, not riverclan. Shinestar, not shinestar. Start a sentence with a capital letter like I am right now.

Step 2; Length
1-sentence posts? No more! I'll teach you how to turn
This:

Into This:
So how do you do it? Let's start. Describe your surroundings. No, not "the sky was blue. the grass was green." No, I mean "Fluffy white clouds drifted across the clear blue sky, occasionally covering the sun and blessing the world with shade, even for just a moment. A breeze danced through the swaying grasses, which were full and green. The tranquil stream bubbled along, content." Use adjectives. Lots and lots of adjectives, verbs, and figurative language. Avoid -ly words, as well as "pretty", "really", etc.

Another thing is your cat's thoughts on the subject. "He was angry about Ivystar's choices." This is not enough. You should know what's going on without any "Spotpaw was angry. At Ivystar and all of her blind followers. At himself and his family. Keeping hostages? Insane! And then they scolded him for thinking against it." Explain exactly what they're feeling and why.

Step 3; Spacing
So now you've got a nice long post, click preview and- it's a wall of text. You need to space it out. How do you do that? How do you turn
This:

Into This?:
After a long period of no dialogue and you see one appear, double-click that enter button. Another time? About 5 lines- not sentences. Lines. After 5 lines, use another space.
Back to top Go down

How To Up Your RP Skills
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior cats lovers :: Rules :: Basic Rules-
Jump to: